A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Got 'Em Covered


All the surfaces of the Crystal Garden (walls, floor, ceiling) have now been covered.  The picture panels made last week have been installed on the side walls and covered by arched windows made of cardboard and painted metallic black/grey.  At the moment I'm still debating whether to add more architectural detail to the windows, but I think perhaps the colour of the leaded backdrop is more than distraction enough from what is meant to be the main feature of the garden; the plants.


More faux leadlighting was used for the ceiling.  The circles are pre-bought rings from the Gallery Glass range.  If any of you would like to do something similar, I'd recommend simply drawing circles with some liquid outliner as I bought these circles about ten years ago when they were on sale for 50 cents a sheet, reduced from $60 a sheet.  Hand drawn cirlces may not be quite as round, but unless you're lucky (and unfortunate) enough that your local store is selling circles out cheap as they are no longer going to stock them, hand drawn is far more economical.


 While I'm on the subject of faux leadlighting, here's the door in the library decked out in hinges, studs and a handle made by using more of the outliner.


Elsewhere in the Library, not much has changed, just a coat of mid brown stain on the shelves.


Back in the CG, the construction phase is nearly finished, there's just the doorway to install and a few bits of trim here and there, then it's on to the planting!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the wonderful ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Crystal Garden is sooo cool =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que preciosidad de embaldosado y ese techo es una maravilla!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete